Sunday, January 13, 2008

Follow Me

Follow Me
Rich Elliott
Jan 13, 2008


And the angel said unto him, Gird thyself, and bind on thy sandals. And so he did. And he saith unto him, Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me.
Acts 12:8
--
My holy people; I not only have power to deliver from prison, but from all of life's dilemmas. Will you follow Me or continue to follow your empty religion?

I desire a people that will worship Me with their entire heart and that will demonstrate love for the people around them. There is a cleansing going on in My Church. A cleansing of attitudes and a cleansing of motivations. This cleansing has been going on for a while, but I have intensified it lately. I am to be worshiped; not your church, not your church leaders, not your brand of "My moving", not what it was like, not old time religion, not your job or provision, or a long list of other idols. My holy people; it is time to drop your idols and wholeheartedly worship Me.

Welcome My Holy Spirit into your midst. It is time for a continual filling of My Spirit. I want to be your greatest desire, not the trappings of religion. It is time to come out of the religious spirit and enter into true worship. Follow Me.

Follow Me into places you have never been. Follow Me into celebration and into being an ambassador. Follow Me into the continual "new" of God, Follow Me into a lifestyle that will publish the good news on every occasion. Follow Me into your Holy Spirit empowered gifting. Follow Me into your destiny and purpose. Follow Me into fully receiving from Me and giving to others. Follow Me into humility and true servant-hood. Follow Me and you will see many things change.

The religious spirit has continually stolen worship from Me, at all levels. Ask yourself; where have I camped out? There you will discover the idol of your choosing. Come out of this idolatry and enter into the worship of the One True God. Come before Me with thanksgiving. Come before Me in praise. Come before Me in celebration. Come before Me in complete abandon, for I am waiting with open arms, for those that will abandon their religion and embrace Me.

It is time to overcome. All authority in heaven and on earth was given to Me. It is time to cast down the religious spirit and to enter into the kind of worship I desire. With all your heart, soul, mind and strength, come before Me alone. Close your eyes to what is around you and abandon your heart to Me and see what great things will occur. The old is gone, the new has come. Embrace Me, even as I so desire to embrace you, My holy people.

You are in a new year. You are in a new time. Enter into the kind of worship I desire; in Spirit and in Truth. Come before Me, seeking My Face, calling upon My Name. Be and become what I have you to be, in Me.

No comments: