Friday, April 4, 2008

Daily Guide To Miracles

Daily Guide to Miracles from Oral Roberts Ministries

Change the Atmosphere by Lindsay Roberts
I picked up my car from the repair shop one day, and somebody had
tuned the radio to a station that was really loud. The music was no
longer music-it had crossed over the line into just plain noise. All
of a sudden, the atmosphere in the car made my brain hurt. So what
did I do? I changed the atmosphere surrounding me by taking action. I
switched the radio off!
In the same way, you have the power to transform the atmosphere in
your home by taking action. For example, you can refuse to get in the
middle of an argument. Ecclesiastes 3:7 (NIV) says, There is a time
to be silent and a time to speak. Sometimes the hardest thing to do
is keep your mouth shut. But this is a positive action of faith.
When someone is quarreling in your presence, it's easy to join in.
But by choosing to remain silent or to pray under your breath, you
can often change the climate in the situation to one of peace and
reconciliation. Sometimes God will tell you to say something. At
other times He will tell you to say nothing. The important thing is
to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit and obey Him.
If you don't like the atmosphere surrounding you, you have the
ability to change it by positive action. Give it to God. Say, "God,
this is Your problem. I refuse to strike back." Whatever way God
chooses to bring healing and peace to the situation, listen and obey.
My Declaration of Faith for Today: I listen to the voice of the Holy
Spirit and obey Him.
Remember, "Something GOOD is going to happen to you!"
prayer@orm.cc
Visit the Make Your Day Count web site at
http://www.makeyour daycount. com


Tags:

No comments: