Monday, November 2, 2009

Mere Salvation Into Kindom Living

I Will Move You Out of Mere Salvation Into Kingdom Living

For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.
1 Corinthians 16:9

My holy people; anything of any worth for you to do is worth fighting for. Did you hear that? There are things worth fighting for.

First of all, it is worth fighting for souls that I have put upon your heart. These will consume your time, your attention, much of your prayer life and much of your substance. It may even involve fighting those that would oppose you serving these people in this way. In all of this I tell you: resist the devil and he will flee. For it is well worth your time to reach those that are within your sphere of influence and it is well worth your time to resist the religious spirit that would make excuses against reaching these. Fear will always contrive an excuse. Faith will always provide an answer.

Next, it is worth fighting for the kind of relationship with Me that will cause you to move out of the status quo, into a life of radical obedience to Me. This too will take much time and attention, much prayer time and much of your substance. It will certainly involve opposing others on grounds of “being carried away with yourself”. Throw yourself fully into our relationship. For out of it shall flow all of the grace and life that you need to live for Me.

Finally, it is worth fighting for the kind of relationship with others that will cause you to move out of concern only for yourself, into a life of service to others. This too will take much time and attention, much prayer time and much of your substance. It too will involve opposing others on grounds of “being carried away with yourself”. Throw yourself fully into relationship with people too. For out of it shall flow a life that truly lives for My honor and glory.

Yield to My Heart, My holy people. Seek My Face. Call upon My Name. Fight the good fight of faith, for as you engage in such a fight, I will move you out of mere salvation into Kingdom living.

Rich Elliott
inJesus.com River of Revival Ministries

No comments: