Thursday, November 18, 2010

You Fool's!




















You fools, how long will you be foolish?
I called you, but you refused to listen;
I held out my hand, but you paid no attention.
You did not follow my advice and did not listen when I corrected you.
So I will laugh when you are in trouble.

Then you will call to me, but you will not find me.
It is because you have rejected knowledge and did not choose to respect the Lord. 
You did not accept my advice, and you rejected my correction.
So you will get what you deserve;
You will get what you planned for others.
Proverbs 1:22, 24-26, 28-31

Those who choose to live in His Kingdom (although very much alive on Planet Earth) choose to live under His authority.  The Kingdom is the invisable realm where God rules as supreme authority.  That's helpful news.  The bad news is that we, by nature, don't want Him to rule over us.  We much prefer to please ourselves.

To put it bluntly, we don't want anybody other than ourselves to rule over us!  Much like those people in a story Jesus once told, "We do not want this man to reign over us!" (Luke 19:14). 

Not until we experience a spiritual rebirth will we submit to God's rule.

Lord, I pray that you will help us to be wise.  Help us to hear and increase in learning and knowledge so that we may attain sound counsel that we may steer our course rightly.

No comments: