Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Rewarder













But without faith it is impossible to please and be satisfactory to Him. For whoever will come near to God must believe that God exists and that He is the rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him.
Hebrews 11:6

Without faith you cannot please God.  Therefore, no matter how many "good works" you offer, God will not be pleased if they were done to earn His favor. Whatever we do for God should be because we love Him, not because we try to get something from Him.

God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.  I rejoiced when I finally realized this!  I know I have made many mistakes in the past, but I also know that I have diligently sought the Lord with all my heart.  That means that I qualify for rewards.  I decided a long time ago that even though I did not deserve them, I would recieve any blessings that God wanted to give me, graciously.

No comments: