Friday, February 20, 2009

Wait, I Say, On The Lord

"The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light: When we walk in His light, we do not stumble. Enemies are not able to hide in the dark and catch us by surprise. He vanquishes the darkness.

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me" Micah 7:8, 1 John 1:5-7.

The Lord is my salvation: God delivers His children from physical and spiritual danger, including deliverance from the penalty of sin.

"Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name: and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for thy name's sake" Psalm 79:9.

The Lord is the strength of my life: God is our defense, a place of refuge.

"The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower" Psalm 18:2.

Even in the face of seemingly overwhelming opposition, we have no need to fear. Our focus should be on the source of deliverance, rather than on the problem.

"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD" Psalm 27:14.

No comments: