Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Spiritual Ladder



















Jesus blasts the top birds of the church, those who roost at the top of the spiritual ladder and spread their plumes of robes, titles, jewelry, and choice seats. Jesus won’t stand for it. It’s easy to see why. How can I love others if my eyes are only on me? How can I point to God if I’m pointing at me? And, worse still, how can someone see God if I keep fanning my own tail feathers? Jesus has no room for pecking orders.

“Love endures long and is patient and kind: Love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.  It is not conceited: it is not rude and does not act unbecomingly.  Love does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it.  It does not rejoice at injustice and unrightousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail". 1 Corinthians 13:4-6

No comments: