Sunday, December 11, 2011

Beyond Grief

A Celebration of Life in Memory of
Jesse Allan Wiseburn
12/27/1979-12/09/2006
II Samuel 12:20-23
20 Then David got up from the ground. After he had washed, put on lotions and changed his clothes, he went into the house of the LORD and worshiped. Then he went to his own house, and at his request they served him food, and he ate.

 21 His attendants asked him, “Why are you acting this way? While the child was alive, you fasted and wept, but now that the child is dead, you get up and eat!”
 22 He answered, “While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept. I thought, ‘Who knows? The LORD may be gracious to me and let the child live.’ 23 But now that he is dead, why should I go on fasting? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me.”

And so it was today, I went to church with my sister, Becky, to celebrate the life of her son, Jesse. We lost Jesse 5 years ago. Today was a celebration of the Lord's magnificent blessing in giving Jesse to us for his short  26 years.

What the Lord is encouraging us to do today is to stop mourning over what has happened in the past and to make the decision to live today and everyday for the rest of our lives. He is telling us not to ruin the time we have left by grieving what has been lost.

He has sustained us to get beyond grief. And for that, we praise Him and give all the glory to Him!
Thank You, Jesus!

No comments: