Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Warrior's Prayer

Based upon the Holy Bible verses found at Ephesians 6:11-17, this prayer is for spiritual warriors.

The Warrior's Prayer

Heavenly Father, Your warrior prepares for battle. Today I claim victory over Satan by putting on the whole armor of God!
I put on the Girdle of Truth! May I stand firm in the truth of Your Word so I will not be a victum of Satan's and his demons' lies.
I put on the breastplate of Righteousness! May it guard my heart from evil so I will remain pure and holy, protected under the blood of Jesus Christ.
I put on the Shoes of Peace! May I stand firm in the Good News of the Gospel so Your peace will shine through me and be a light to all I encounter.
I take the Shield of Faith! May I be ready for Satan's fiery darts of doubt, denial and deceit so I will not be vulnerable to spiritual defeat.
I put on the Helmet of Salvation! May I keep my mind focused on You so Satan will not have a stronghold on my thoughts.
I take the Sword of the Spirit! May the two edged sword of Your Word be ready in my hands so I can expose the tempting words of Satan.
By faith your warrior has put on the whole armor of God! I am prepared to live this day, in spiritual victory!
In His most Holy Name!!! Amen

No comments: