Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lost Highway

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.
Psalm 32:8

A lost motorist asked a farmer for directions.
"Where is the main highway to Quincy?"
"I don't know."
"Well, where is the highway to Hannibal?"
"I don't know."
"Where does this highway go?"
"I don't know."
"You don't know much do you?"
"No, but I ain't lost."

Have you ever tried going on a road trip without a map? Trying to plan your life without God is just as ineffective. We can head in the general direction of where we know we should be, but without God as our guide, we'll be just like the lost motorist, asking everyone else for directions.

If we consult God in everything, asking Him to lead and guide us on life's journey, the Bible says His footsteps shall be our pathway and His plan will be to give us a future and a hope. (Psalm 85:13, Jeremiah 29:11).

Without Him, we will wander life's highways, not knowing where they lead.

When you find yourself making plans for your life, remember to first find out where God would have you go and then map out your next move according to His will.

"The beautiful thing about this adventure called faith is that we can count on Him to never lead us astray."
Charles Swindoll

No comments: