Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Make Way For The New

By Rich Elliott
Oct 17, 2008

And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed. Revelation 8:9

My holy people; before new things come, the old must go. This is not the enemy of your soul at work, but Me. I cause the old to pass away so that the new may come. Do not grieve over the loss of the old, but instead rejoice in what I am about to usher in.

Have you looked around you lately? What has worked in the past, no longer works. Both in the natural and in the spiritual. Not just financial systems are failing, but spiritual systems are failing as well. It is time to repent over worshipping what has been, so that you may participate in what I am bringing. What I am bringing about will be much better.

Many churches are not working these days. Those that focus on methods and plans of the past no longer work, for this is a new time, with new people and new challenges. People are looking for answers, but many churches are trying to give them answers to other things. People want to connect, to know that they are part of something solid. Relationship is so key between you and I, but you see relationship is also important between one another. Who can trust another? Many of My holy people can no longer find people to trust, even within the church. There is no demonstration of My Kingdom on earth, as it is in heaven. Who will be the salt? Who will shine the light? Who will stand before men on My behalf and demonstrate true relationship?

My holy people, are you part of the solution that I am offering people these days or are you part of the problem? I will destroy the ministries that are not demonstrating authentic relationship through reciprocating acts of love and care. I will move those out of the way that are a hindrance, making way for those who will follow My pattern of love and relationship. Even in the midst of the cares of this world, it is possible to have friendships that thrive and are a source of life. Those people, those groups, those ministries will be raised up in this hour to produce what My Church has not produced in a long time: a bounty of faithfulness unto death. Death to self and life unto others. Now is a season of seeking Me and following Me like no other. Look around you and see who needs a friend amongst you and then befriend them. Not an acquaintance, but a friend that invests into the lives of others. Be the instruments of love that I have fashioned you to be. Be and become an accurate expression of Christ in the earth.

No comments: