Thursday, July 24, 2008

Follow Me

And many spread their garments in the way: and others cut down branches off the trees, and strawed [them] in the way.
Mark 11:8 

My holy people; how radical is your worship of Me? I have said that those that worship Me, must worship in Spirit and in Truth. I have also said that you should love Me with all that is within you … heart, soul, mind and strength.

Worship is not about what is going on in your life and finding a way to get Me to do something for you. Worship is not about making a lot of noise or even singing along to a lot of great music. Worship is about taking what is close to your heart, laying it down for Me, and offering it to Me. Your heart, your innermost feelings [good or bad], your giftings and talents, your possessions and treasures, every part of every aspect of your life, offered up to Me.

That is acceptable worship and that is what I am looking for from you, My holy people. These pleasing sacrifices honor Me and invite Me to dwell in your midst. I am looking over the whole earth for hearts that have surrendered all to Me. These truly prepare the way before Me.

Seek Me with all your heart. Seek Me early in the morning, before the cares of the world take your attention. Seek Me and find Me and listen to what My Spirit is saying to you. As you follow Me, as you lay down all that is you, as you believe the simple gospel message, you become a tool in My Hand, a servant that is ready to do My bidding, not your own.

True worship prepares the heart for obedience. Follow Me.

No comments: